Care & Maintenance
On a day-to-day basis Radianz™ simply requires a wipe down with a soft cloth of soap and warm water to maintain its natural beauty and shine. Polished Radianz™ has a low porosity it does not require the application of any surface sealants and is naturally resistant to surface staining from cooking oils, wine, coffee etc. In most cases, soap and water or a mild detergent is enough to your Radianz™ countertop looking like new. If necessary, use a non-abrasive soft soap along with a non-scratch or delicate scrub pad. Afterwards, thoroughly rinse with clean water to remove residue.
If needed, apply a non-abrasive household cleaner and rinse to remove residue. For marks that harden when they dry (food,gum etc) remove by gently scraping the material off the Radianz™ surface using a plastic putty knife or no-scratch Scotch-Brite(R) pad and then use a damp cloth to remove any marks or residual dirt.
Never use Methylene Chloride or cleaners containing any alkaline materials.
Radianz™ is much harder than the steel blade so excessive scrapping of a blade on the surface may abrade the blade and leave a gray mark on the surface.
Radianz™ is extremely resistant to heat and can withstand high temperatures for brief periods of time without damage. Although Radianz™ is more heat resistant than most other surfaces, all stone can be damaged by sudden and extreme temperature change especially near the edges. For this reason we strongly recommended using a trivet or hot pad to protect your Radianz™ work surface from extreme heat..
Radianz™ is substantially harder than natural stone and highly resistant to scratch.
However avoid abuse of the surface by refraining from using sharp objects such as sharp knives or screw drivers directly onto the surface.
Products that should be avoided
- Cleaners that contain Pine Oil. Without very thorough rinsing, these products can leave behind a residue of pine oil. The pine oil then attracts and holds dirt on the surface, eventually reducing the cleanliness of the surface and its appearance.
- Highly aggressive cleaning agents such as oven/grill cleaners and dishwasher polishing agents that have high alkaline/pH levels (pH 8.5 or higher)
- Abrasive scrubs/cleaners containing either soft or hard abrasive particles. The abrasives will harm Radianz™ and if the surface is not completely rinsed, a powder residue will remain reducing the appearance of the surface, especially ondark colors.
- Cleaners that contain xylene, toluene, potassium hydroxide or caustic soda.
- Paint removers, Furniture strippers containing trichlorethane or methylene chloride.